Last updated January 22, 2015
Friday, January 30, 6:30 PM at Oakridge Kennels - 110 Unionville Indian Trail Road West, Monroe, NC 28110
Backwoods HRC 2015 Hunt Test
The Backwoods Hunting Retriever Club annual hunt test will be April 11th and 12th. To have a successful test it is critical that we have member participation. We will need volunteers on Friday to unload trailer, help judges set up their equipment and set up the check in area for Saturday morning. Saturday/Sunday we will need stake Marshals (4), help with moving equipment during the day, game stewards (kill ducks and deliver to stakes), delivering bird boys to sites, help with food on Saturday, Saturday evening and Sunday. We will also need help with food. Please contact us an let us know if you can volunteer or better yet please attend the club meetings on January 30th or Feb 21st.
Here a great article that was written on why we need volunteers at our dog events....Volunteerism
Backwoods HRC 1st Annual Gun Raffle
1st Prize - Remington Versamax Waterfowl Pro 12 gaage 28" barrel in Real Tree Max4
2nd Prize - Remindton 11-87 Sportsman Camo 12 gauge 28" barrel in Mossy Oak New Break-Up
All proceeds got to the Backwoods Hunting Retriever Club general fund.
Drawing Date: Saturday, April 11th, 2015
Drawing Location: 443 Jimmy Carriiker Rd. Ellerbe, NC 28228 at the hunt test dinner
Ticket Price: $20.00
To purchase tickets Please contact Angela Cheeks of Oakridge Kennels at 1-704-289-5828. Tickets will be available at Oakridge Kennels in Monroe, NC and at all Backwoods Hunting Retriever Club Events starting on December 5th, 2014.
- Attendance at the drawing not required. If the winner is not present during the drawing a club officer will contact the winner(s) within 72 hours. Club will make at least 6 attempts to contact the winner using each of the provided contact methods. If the winner does not contact either the distributor or the club within 90 days, prize value will be returned to the Backwoods Hunting retriever Clubs general fund
- Gun(s) will not be present at the time of the drawing. The winner will receive voucher and information to pick the gun up at Jerry's Gun Shop located in Statesville, NC. Alternative shipping in accordance with federal firearms laws can be made. Additional shipping cost will be the responsibility of the recipient. Winner must contact distributor within 120 days.
- First prize will be drawn first out of all 250 tickets. The winning ticket will be removed and second place will be drawn from the remaining 249 tickets. Though the winner of the 1st prize cannot win with the same ticket he or she is still eligible to win if they purchased multiple tickets.
- To be eligible the gun recipient must meet all federal, state and local firearms laws.
- Tickets are transferable as gifts. The person listed on the ticket must contact gun distributor to make arrangements.
- Raffle tickets are non-refundable.
- At total of 250 tickets will be produced and sold up to the drawing. All unsold tickets will be excluded from the drawing.
Fall Training Schedule
|Date||Event Type||Start Time||Location|
|02/21/15||Training Day/Meeting||9:30 AM||Oakridge Kennels |
1110 Unionville Indian Trail Rd W
Monroe, NC 28110
|03/07/2015||Training Day||9:30 AM||TBD|
|03/28/2015||Training Day||9:30 AM||Harry Gooch Farm|
Spring 2015 Event Schedule
|4/11/2015||Backwoods HRC||HRC Hunt Test||Ellerbe, NC|
WelcomeWelcome to the Backwoods HRC website. We hope that you find what you are looking for here. If not, please feel free to contact one of our officers.
Backwoods HRC, Inc. is a licensed and approved organization sanctioned by the United Kennel Club (UKC). We are dog owners, trainers and breeders who are dedicated to improving the breed through quality breeding and training.
HRC is affiliated with the United Kennel Club, Inc., Kalamazoo, MI, who carries the registry for the HRC. The UKC offers 5 coveted titles to the HRC program: Started Hunting Retriever (SHR); Hunting Retriever (HR); Hunting Retriever Champion (HRCH); Grand Hunting Retriever Champion (GRHRCH); and Upland Hunter (UH). In keeping with the philosophy of HRC, titles earned are awarded as a prefix to the dogs name on its pedigree as opposed to a suffix to the name.
The United Kennel Club, Inc., established in 1898, is the second largest all breed dog registry in the United States, registers over 250,000 dogs each year and licenses 10,000 challenging, fun, relaxed, family-oriented events annually.
You are visitor number: 7859